Man arrested after woman’s body - minus arms, legs and head, was found in a suitcase
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man in connection with the murder of a woman whose body was found in a suitcase missing her arms, legs and head.
The 57-year-old man, from Peterborough, who is believed to have worked in the Huntingdon area, was arrested in Clipston Walk, Peterborough, at about 7pm on Sunday and is currently in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station, Peterborough.
A post-mortem on the body, which was missing its head, arms and legs, has begun at Peterborough City Hospital.
Officers were called to a property in Mayor’s Walk, Peterborough, at just after 12.30pm on Friday where the body was discovered in a suitcase.
Forensic examination of the property is continuing today.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are still making inquiries to positively identify the victim and find the missing body parts.
The murder is being treated as an isolated incident and a dedicated team has been set up to investigate.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
INFORMATION: the Beds, Cambs and Herts Major Crime Unit on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.