Man arrested after woman’s body - minus arms, legs and head, was found in a suitcase
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man in connection with the murder of a woman whose body was found in a suitcase missing her arms, legs and head.
The 57-year-old man, from Peterborough, who is believed to have worked in the Huntingdon area, was arrested in Clipston Walk, Peterborough, at about 7pm on Sunday and is currently in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station, Peterborough.
A post-mortem on the body, which was missing its head, arms and legs, has begun at Peterborough City Hospital.
Officers were called to a property in Mayor’s Walk, Peterborough, at just after 12.30pm on Friday where the body was discovered in a suitcase.
Forensic examination of the property is continuing today.
Detectives are still making inquiries to positively identify the victim and find the missing body parts.
The murder is being treated as an isolated incident and a dedicated team has been set up to investigate.
- 1 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 2 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 6 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 7 Home of the Week
- 8 Eynesbury Rovers U8s enjoy 'one of greatest seasons in Hunts history'
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
INFORMATION: the Beds, Cambs and Herts Major Crime Unit on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.