Man arrested after fire in St Neots
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of arson following a fire in St Neots this morning (Wednesday).
Five fire crews – two from St Neots backed up by teams from Papworth, Huntingdon and Gamlingay – were called to reports of a large fire in Brickhills at 1.50am.
The fire was in a brick outbuilding, which was completely destroyed by the blaze.
Crews were at the scene for more than three hours.
A nearby bungalow suffered slight heat damage to its windows, but was not involved in the fire.
You may also want to watch:
A male casualty suffered smoke inhalation at the scene and was treated by paramedics.
Firefighters will return to the scene this morning to carry out a joint investigation into the incident with Cambridgeshire police.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
A 20-year-old man from the St Neots area has been arrested on suspicion of arson in connection with this incident.
He remains in custody at Huntingdon Police Station.