Man arrested after eight people rescued from back of a lorry
- Credit: Archant
Eight people have been rescued from the back of a lorry on the A14 this afternoon.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of assisting unlawful immigration after police received reports of people travelling in the lorry near Brampton Hut.
An air ambulance is on the scene and the road has been closed whilst emergency services deal with the incident.
A police spokesman said: "We were called at just after 12pm today (19 November) to reports of concerns for eight people travelling in a lorry on the A14.
"Officers stopped the vehicle near Brampton Hut.
"The air ambulance is on scene and the road has been closed while emergency services deal.
"Details of any injuries are unclear at this stage.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 3 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 4 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
- 8 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
"A man has been arrested in suspicion of assisting unlawful immigration. Immigration services have been notified."