Man arrested after Brampton incident
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after an incident in the centre of Brampton.
The man, aged 47, was later released with a caution following the arrest on Wednesday (January 24).
A Hunts Post reader sent in a picture of the incident taking place and said there had been a “heavy police presence” in a car park off the High Street.
They said the incident took place at about 2.45pm and involved the man being taken to the floor before he was put in the back of a police van.
A police spokesman said: “We were contacted at about 12pm yesterday with reports of concern for a man in Brampton.
“Officers attended the scene and a 47-year-old man from Peterborough was detained for resisting arrest. He was later released with a caution.”
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 5 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates