Man and woman evacuate St Neots house after fire
- Credit: Archant
A MAN and a woman fled a St Neots home after discovering a fire in a bedroom.
Two crews from St Neots and one from Huntingdon were called to the fire in Bushmead Gardens, Eaton Socon after the pair dialled 999 at 4.40pm yesterday (Sunday, January 20).
“Firefighters arrived and discovered a fire in the bedroom, which they extinguished using one hose reel and one jet,” a spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said.
“The cause of the fire was accidental and is believed to have started in an electrical appliance.”
Crews returned to their fire stations by 5.50pm.