Man and woman die in four-car crash near St Ives
TWO people have died following a crash near St Ives on Friday night (July 27).
Four cars were involved in the crash, which happened near Bridge Farm, Somersham Road at about 8.50pm.
Nine people were also injured in the accident – two had to be freed from vehicles, one man was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon with abdominal injuries and five others were treated for minor injuries.
A spokesman for Magpas, whose doctors attended the crash, said its medics performed advanced support on a male patient, but despite their best efforts, he was pronounced dead at the roadside.
“Sadly the second person, a woman, was also declared dead at the scene,” the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Kate Scott has urged anyone who witnessed the accident to contact police on 101.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives