Man, 59, robbed near Huntingdon town centre hotel
- Credit: Archant
A 59-year-old man was attacked in Huntingdon town centre on Thursday (January 23).
The man was close to the George Hotel, in George Street, at about 11.45pm when he was hit several times by a man walking along the road.
He suffered minor injuries in the attack and his suit bag was stolen.
The robber, described as white, medium build, about 5ft 10in, between 25 and 35, was wearing a woollen hat, dark fleece and dark trousers.
Detective constable Karin Peters said: “We know there were people in the area at the time of the robbery and I would urge them to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“This was a nasty crime and it is important we trace the man responsible.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact DC Peters on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan