Superhero-themed fun day is a big success for air ambulance charity
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 superheroes assembled at St Ives (Hunts) Golf Club to take part in Magpas Air Ambulance’s biggest charity event of the year so far.
A variety of caped crusaders from across the county came together to take on the KAPOW! Superhero Challenge - an inflatable assault course filled with foam and giant obstacles to bounce over, squeeze through and slip and slide on.
The event, which took place on June 17, also saw participants compete in golf tournaments, enjoy food and refreshments from the on-site bar, and play to win a range of prizes from the charity’s wheel of fortune.
The event raised some £10,100 for the charity.
Annette Ablewhite, events officer at Magpas Air Ambulance, said: “We were delighted to see so many people fully embrace the superhero theme and come together to support our very first obstacle challenge.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to say a massive ‘thank you’ to all of our participants and sponsors for making the event a huge success.”
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity