Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- Credit: James Billings
Live music, a comedy club, outdoor cinema, storyteller and magician are among the highlights of a mini-festival that is being held in Ely next month.
The recently-reopened Mad Hatters Campsite at Clayway Farm in Ely is hosting its Mad Hatters Eco Festival between June 18 and 20.
Situated close to the River Ouse and settled amongst acres of fenland fields, the campsite is surrounded by nature and is a great base for walking.
At the festival, there will also be the building of a giant bug hotel, vegan cooking demonstrations, a children's disco, eco-friendly stalls and craft and food stalls.
The event is also raising money for charities attending the festival, as well as the Addenbrooke’s Hospital Trust, in recognition of the work of the NHS during the coronavirus pandemic.
A spokesman said: "We are so excited to share the weekend with you! It will be one of the first mini festivals to go ahead, so we know the buzz of excitement is going to be huge."
You may also want to watch:
Event organisers warn venue dates and showtimes are subject to coronavirus restrictions.
- 1 Flood devastation as villagers are forced to clear drains with their bare hands
- 2 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 5 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 6 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 7 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 8 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Care home residents celebrated trooping of the colour
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week