Macmillan cancer fund-raising reaches important milestone
- Credit: Archant
The Macmillan Cancer Support fund-raising committee in Huntingdon is celebrating after reaching an important milestone.
They have raised £33,000 for the new Macmillan Woodlands Centre at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Since Macmillan joined with Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust in February 2015 to fund-raise for the new centre, the committee has been fully behind the appeal to build the new centre, a facility that is close to many of the committee member’s hearts.
Di Polley-Coles, chairman of the committee said: “Several of us on the committee, and some of our volunteers are very grateful to Woodlands for the care we have received from the wonderful staff there.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported us in raising this fantastic amount by attending one or more of our events, sponsoring us, giving a donation or a raffle prize or putting money in our collection boxes. A huge than you also, to our wonderful bank of volunteers who give up their time so willingly to help.”
You may also want to watch:
In November, the committee held a tea dance which raised £750. This was in addition to their busy summer of fetes, festivals and strawberry teas. Jessica Levin, regional fund-raising manager for Macmillan Cancer Support, said: “The hard work and commitment of every member of the Macmillan Huntingdon fund-raising committee is inspiring.
Whatever the weather they are out fund-raising to make a difference to the lives of local people affected by cancer. We cannot thank them enough for everything they do for Macmillan.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
If you would to donate or fundraise for the new Macmillan Woodlands Centre at Hinchingbrooke Hospital call Macmillan on 0300 1000 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org