Macmillan cancer fund-raising reaches important milestone
- Credit: Archant
The Macmillan Cancer Support fund-raising committee in Huntingdon is celebrating after reaching an important milestone.
They have raised £33,000 for the new Macmillan Woodlands Centre at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Since Macmillan joined with Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust in February 2015 to fund-raise for the new centre, the committee has been fully behind the appeal to build the new centre, a facility that is close to many of the committee member’s hearts.
Di Polley-Coles, chairman of the committee said: “Several of us on the committee, and some of our volunteers are very grateful to Woodlands for the care we have received from the wonderful staff there.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported us in raising this fantastic amount by attending one or more of our events, sponsoring us, giving a donation or a raffle prize or putting money in our collection boxes. A huge than you also, to our wonderful bank of volunteers who give up their time so willingly to help.”
In November, the committee held a tea dance which raised £750. This was in addition to their busy summer of fetes, festivals and strawberry teas. Jessica Levin, regional fund-raising manager for Macmillan Cancer Support, said: “The hard work and commitment of every member of the Macmillan Huntingdon fund-raising committee is inspiring.
Whatever the weather they are out fund-raising to make a difference to the lives of local people affected by cancer. We cannot thank them enough for everything they do for Macmillan.”
- 1 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 2 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 5 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 6 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 7 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 8 Community invited to Paxfest and to get tails wagging at the Fun Dog Show
- 9 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 10 Police searching for missing man discover body
If you would to donate or fundraise for the new Macmillan Woodlands Centre at Hinchingbrooke Hospital call Macmillan on 0300 1000 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org