Machine fire at Huntingdon factory

FIREFIGHTERS dismantled a machine at a Huntingdon factory to ensure a fire had been extinguished.

Two fire crews from Huntingdon were called to the fire at VIP Polymers in Windover Road, Huntingdon, at 1.20pm on Saturday (May 19).

The fire was in an oven and was put out using a hose reel and a C02 extinguisher.

The fire service said cause of the fire was accidental and was thought to be electrical.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter