Luminus Group is latest Two Wheels for Woodlands sponsor
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts Post’s charity bike ride – Two Wheels for Woodlands – has another sponsor, as well as more people signing up to take the challenge.
A week after St Ives-based Move with Us and Hinchingbrooke Hospital operator Circle Health signed up to become sponsors, social landlord the Luminus Group has announced its support for the June 29 event, which will raise money for the Woodlands Cancer Centre’s £800,000 extension plans.
The Huntingdon-based organ-isation is a silver sponsor and can enter a team of three cyclists into the 100-mile, the 60-mile or the 30-mile route, which all start and finish at Alconbury Weald.
There are also two family routes, one traffic free on the Alconbury base and one on nearby roads.
Luminus Group chief executive Chan Abraham said: “Luminus is delighted to be sponsoring Two Wheels for Woodlands, as we recognise the importance of healthy living.
You may also want to watch:
“At Luminus, as part of our health and wholeness strategy, and in 2014 our Year of Reinforcing Priorities and Goals, we are encouraging our employees to improve their health and wellbeing. We are already seeing great results.
“Look out for Team Luminus who you will see taking part in both the 30-mile and 60-mile bike rides.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
Hunts Post Editor Andy Veale said: “We are delighted to have Luminus as a sponsor as they are great supporters of the Huntingdonshire community and have so many staff who are willing to go the extra mile – or in this case 100 miles – to provide help where it’s needed.”
There are still bronze sponsorship opportunities available.
For details on sponsorship for Two Wheels for Woodlands, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The 100 and 60-mile routes cost £25, the 30-mile route costs £15 and it’s £5 for a family of four for the family rides. To sign up or for more details and routes, visit www.huntspost24.co.uk/news/two-wheels-for-woodlands or www.wheelsinwheels.com. There are also sponsorship forms to download from our website.