Lulu adds a touch of star power to Military Wives’ performance
- Credit: Archant
Members of the Wyton and Brampton Military Wives Choir performed with pop star Lulu at a concert at the Royal and Derngate theatre in Northampton.
The ladies helped performed Lulu’s new charity hit, Cry, and were also joined on stage by from Chicksands and Henlow Military Wives Choir.
The choirs had to go through sound checks and rehearsals on stage, making sure they were all in the correct positions, before they were introduced to crowd.
A spokesman for the choir said: “The highlight for everyone was meeting Lulu and her band at the interval. The choir were very lucky to perform in front of 800 people; the atmosphere was electric and they received a standing ovation.”
The Wyton and Brampton Choir was set up to provide a head-start for military women in the community to make friends, connect with local communities and for women to learn new skills in a fun and supportive environment.
You may also want to watch:
The choir rehearses once a week and perform throughout the year at events within the community.
For further information e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k