Louis Smith to appear in Strictly Come Dancing?
HUNTINGDON gymnast and Olympic hero Louis Smith could be gearing up for slot on Strictly Come Dancing.
Sources for the hit BBC1 show have revealed they are keen to bag the 23-year-old for the 2012 series in a bid to win over viewers.
“Louis captured the hearts of viewers during the Olympics when he burst into tears after his pommel horse performance. Now we want him to win over viewers,” the source told The Sun newspaper.
“As an athlete, he is fit and dedicated and would be capable of some amazing dance moves.
“He is also gorgeous which won’t do him any harm when it comes to audience support. He will definitely be one of the show’s heart-throbs.
You may also want to watch:
“He has yet to sign on the dotted line but it’s likely when the line-up is announced next week he will be on the list of contestants.”
Louis is said to be part of Strictly’s plan to attract Olympians to the show, with Mildenhall Cycling Club lifetime member Victoria Pendleton also reumoured to be taking part.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages