Lorry overturns on Fenstanton forecourt
A DRIVER had to be rescued by firefighters after two lorries collided on a garage forecourt in Fenstanton this morning.
ONE person had to be rescued by firefighters after two lorries collided on a garage forecourt in Fenstanton, causing one to overturn, in the early hours of this morning.
This dramatic picture shows the scene which greeted crews from St Ives and Huntingdon when they arrived at the Shell garage in Cambridge Road at 3.50am.
A milk lorry and a lorry carrying books collided between the slip road and the garage forecourt. The lorry carrying books was turned over while the milk truck suffered damage to its front end.
One person was cut from the cab of the milk lorry, and was thought to have back and hip injuries. Both drivers were taken to hospital as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were back at their stations by 5.45am, and the accident was cleared by 7.30am.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible