Lorry driver killed in A14 crash
A MAN was killed in a crash involving two articulated lorries on the A14 yesterday evening (Monday).
Emergency services including Magpas were called to the westbound carriageway at Impington at 4.20pm following the collision between a blue Mercedes and a white Mann lorry.
One man was trapped by his legs and despite the best efforts of paramedics, a doctor and fire crews, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “The Helimedix worked alongside an EEAST ambulance paramedic on the scene, to provide advanced life support and resuscitation. Sadly, despite all their best efforts, the patient was pronounced dead at the roadside. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.
“This was a particularly challenging job for all involved but there was very good team work between all the emergency services.”
You may also want to watch:
The carriageway was closed for seven hours.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire