Lorry driver in hospital after crash at A1 Black Cat roundabout near St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver has been taken to hospital in a serious condition after a crash at Black Cat roundabout this morning (Friday).
Emergency services were called to the A421 near Chawston at 7.15am afer two lorries crashed into each other on the westbound carriageway just after the roundabout.
One of the drivers has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
An ambulance spokesperson said: “The man was trapped and emergency services worked well together, during what was an extremely difficult extrication.
“The patient needed critical care while being removed from the vehicle, and suffered a life-threatening leg injury. He was sedated and conveyed to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by land for further care.”
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until 10.40am.
A Bedfordshire police spokesman said residual delays remain and motorists are warned that the road is still partially blocked.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion