Lorry crashed into Holme level crossing causing road closure
- Credit: Archant
A lorry has crashed into a busy level crossing in Holme this evening (Monday).
The accident happened at about 4pm today, in Station Road.
The lorry collided with one of the level crossing barriers, causing urgent work to be carried out by Network Rail engineers.
Officers from Cambridgeshire police were also at the scene.
The road was closed in both directions between the junction for the B660 Station Road and the Yaxley Road Junction and motorists were advised to used alternative routes.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “At 4.50pm the barriers had been fixed and traffic was being allowed through.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester