Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- Credit: Cambs Police
A collision between a lorry and crash cushion closed three lanes on the A1m northbound at Sawtry – but luckily no one was seriously injured.
The incident happened just after midnight (April 13).
Both drivers sustained only minor injuries, although pictures posted online showed the truck mounted crash cushion strewn across the road.
The lorry was pictured almost in the trees on the embankment.
A tweet from BCH Road Policing Unit read: “Both drivers incredibly lucky to walk away from this crash!
“Please approach with caution as three lanes are currently closed and will be for some time.”
Driving safety tips can be found at: https://bit.ly/2OHesQQ
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 6 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 7 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 8 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 9 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 10 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’