Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- Credit: Cambs Police
A collision between a lorry and crash cushion closed three lanes on the A1m northbound at Sawtry – but luckily no one was seriously injured.
The incident happened just after midnight (April 13).
Both drivers sustained only minor injuries, although pictures posted online showed the truck mounted crash cushion strewn across the road.
The lorry was pictured almost in the trees on the embankment.
A tweet from BCH Road Policing Unit read: “Both drivers incredibly lucky to walk away from this crash!
“Please approach with caution as three lanes are currently closed and will be for some time.”
Driving safety tips can be found at: https://bit.ly/2OHesQQ
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 3 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 4 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 9 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14
- 10 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits