Lord Toby Jug goes for UKIP leadership after officially joining the party
- Credit: Archant
The leader of Eccentric Party of Great Britain is now an official member of UKIP, in the hope of becoming the group’s next leader.
Lord Toby Jug, who managed to get through the party’s vetting procedures, joined on October 6, and, despite not being included in the upcoming leadership ballot, says he still plans to vote for himself.
“I got through all their vetting procedures despite being the leader of the Eccentric Party of Great Britain, which just goes to show you how bonkers and batty the whole process is. It’s embarrassing for them that I managed to slip through their net,” he said.
Lord Jug added he will write his own name and draw box on the ballot paper to vote for himself in the contest.
“I think I would make a very good replacement for Nigel Farage in the insanity stakes, plus I was a schoolboy boxing champion at West Ham Boxing Club in case there’s any fisticuffs.”
You may also want to watch:
“I think the Eccentric Party of Great Britain stands more chance of being elected in 2020 than UKIP, especially if they chose Nigel Farage for leader again,” he added.
“I’ve more charisma in my little toe than all the other leadership contenders put together, especially local UKIP councillor Lisa Duffy who is far better off sorting out the Christmas lights in Ramsey.”
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home