Looking Back: The Ridgely & Co shop front in Huntingdon c1910
- Credit: Archant
This week’s Looking Back photograph was provided by reader Wendy Dighton, from Huntingdon.
Wendy loves local history and has recorded her own family history and combined it with details of buildings and events in the area.
This image shows the Ridgely & Co shop front in c1910. Ridgely & Co was a wholesaler, family grocery and coffee roasters and was situated at 112 High Street, Huntingdon.
The shop had a horse-drawn delivery waggon, shown in the picture, as well as delivery boys who walked around Huntingdon, delivering the smaller orders. The shop was later a menswear shop, then New Look and is now a European delicasscen.
If you have any information about the family who ran the shop or the know anything about the business, contact: email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
If you have a photograph you would like to submit for Looking Back, send to the above email or bring into The Hunts Post office at 30 High Steet Huntingdon and we will make a copy of it.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester