Looking Back: Brothers pictured at old bridge site in Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
This week’s Looking Back photograph has been sent in from Andy York, who now lives in London.
The first photo shows Andy and his brother David on their bikes, standing underneath the construction of the old A14 Godmanchester bridge.
The photo was taken in 1974 and Andy, who was about five, is pictured standing next to his brother David, who was roughly seven at the time.
The picture was taken by his father Michael, who was a Deacon at Godmanchester Silver Street Baptist Church.
They had all just come out of a Sunday church service and decided to go and have a look at the building of the new bridge in Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
The second photo shows the flooding of Godmanchester Rec, this photo was taken on the same day.
It also shows the construction of the new A14 bridge and the Godmanchester footbridge in the background.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
Mr York said: 'For our family, the news of a new bridge being built in what was once a sleepy town of Godmanchester was very exciting. Our dad took us out exploring that day and on that day you could cycle over the Godmanchester footbridge with ease.'