Long-serving Phil looks forward to more trips abroad in his retirement
- Credit: Archant
EOGB Energy Products said goodbye to long-serving staff member Phil Playle this week after almost 20 years of service.
Mr Playle, 86, was a member of the production team at the St Neots-based fuel burner manufacturer.
A St Neots resident for most of his life, Mr Playle started his career at EOGB as a cleaner and handyman in 1996 before taking on responsibilities in different departments, including assembling motors on the production line.
Prior to this, he worked in maintenance at Sainsbury’s for 20 years.
On his last day at EOGB, staff held a leaving party and the 86-year-old was presented with a bench so he can sit and enjoy the Koi carp pond in his garden.
You may also want to watch:
In his retirement he looks forward to more trips to visit his family in Canada and fixing things around the house.
He said: “I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time at EOGB and will really miss everyone in the team. I would have carried on working but my wife and daughter have told me I need to take it easy.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
Paul Barritt, managing director at EOGB, said: “Phil has been a credit to EOGB and will be sorely missed by all his colleagues. We’d like to thank him for all his hard work and commitment and wish him a long and very happy retirement.”
EOGB was founded in 1993 and now employs 17 people at its facility in Eaton Socon.