Long-running St Neots photo shop to close after 25 years in business
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots “institution” is set to close its doors after 25 years in business.
Kodak Express, on the High Street, will shut at the end of the month when the owner Richard Fisher, pictured, retires.
Mr Fisher, 67, has been at the helm for 19 years but decided not to renew his lease in order to spend time with family, travelling, and gardening.
He said: “Unfortunately we have not been able to find anybody who has been prepared to make the commitment to take the business over, which is sad because it is a good little business.
“It has been in St Neots for about 25 years – it is a bit of an institution really.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel very sad because we have so many customers and we survived the recession when many others have closed and there is nobody like us around.
“I have had quite a lot of interest in it but I think people are not prepared to make any commitment – people are not prepared to take a gamble.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
He said the closure will leave a gap in the market for specialist services, such as enlarging photos.
He added: “It will force people on to the internet, but of course not everybody has a computer – they want a personal service and that won’t be there.
“I am very positive person and always have been.
“I believe that the high street is potentially a very strong place to be for specialist retailers.”