Long distance ride training available at Richardson’s Rumble in St Ives for Two Wheels for Woodlands cyclists
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts Post’s Two Wheels for Woodlands cycle event is now less than four months away (Sunday, June 29) with the Tour De France coming to Cambridgeshire one week later.
This means it’s now time to start training for which ever challenge route you have chosen.
Huntingdonshire chain of cycle shops Richardsons is holding the sixth edition of their famous Rumble cycle event on Sunday, March 23, in St Ives with 100 miles and 100km routes.
They have also added a 30-mile route making all three similar distances to the Hunts Post Two Wheels for Woodlands event in June; the 30-mile being especially aimed at those building up to bigger distances.
Organisers Wheels in Wheels Events, with help from the local cycle clubs, will have experienced riders to pass on their knowledge on how to ride a challenge sportive chaperoning on the shorter 30-mile route.
You may also want to watch:
This service will be free and all you have to do is sign up online and join in on the day.
All routes are fully arrowed, with nutritional feed stops, mechanical support from Richardsons Cycles and a snack supplied by the local café in St Ives after the rides.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Wheels in Wheels are also planning on organising sportive training evenings from May onwards to help all newcomers entered on the Hunts Post Two Wheels for Woodlands event.
INFORMATION: For more details go to www.wheelsinwheels.com or visit any of the Richardsons Cycles shops.
To sign up for the ride chaperone training, email firstname.lastname@example.org.