Long distance ride training available at Richardson’s Rumble in St Ives for Two Wheels for Woodlands cyclists
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts Post’s Two Wheels for Woodlands cycle event is now less than four months away (Sunday, June 29) with the Tour De France coming to Cambridgeshire one week later.
This means it’s now time to start training for which ever challenge route you have chosen.
Huntingdonshire chain of cycle shops Richardsons is holding the sixth edition of their famous Rumble cycle event on Sunday, March 23, in St Ives with 100 miles and 100km routes.
They have also added a 30-mile route making all three similar distances to the Hunts Post Two Wheels for Woodlands event in June; the 30-mile being especially aimed at those building up to bigger distances.
Organisers Wheels in Wheels Events, with help from the local cycle clubs, will have experienced riders to pass on their knowledge on how to ride a challenge sportive chaperoning on the shorter 30-mile route.
This service will be free and all you have to do is sign up online and join in on the day.
All routes are fully arrowed, with nutritional feed stops, mechanical support from Richardsons Cycles and a snack supplied by the local café in St Ives after the rides.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 9 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 10 Exclusive look at photograph taken at RAF Warboys from IWM's new The Royal Family in Wartime book
Wheels in Wheels are also planning on organising sportive training evenings from May onwards to help all newcomers entered on the Hunts Post Two Wheels for Woodlands event.
INFORMATION: For more details go to www.wheelsinwheels.com or visit any of the Richardsons Cycles shops.
To sign up for the ride chaperone training, email firstname.lastname@example.org.