Long delays expected due to lorry fire on the A14
- Credit: Archant
Fire-fighters are currently attending a lorry fire on the A14 which has forced the A14 westbound near Alconbury to be closed.
There is currently heavy traffic in the area, as the road is shut between junction 23 near the A141 at the Spittals Interchange, to the B1043 at Ermine Street.
Drivers are being urged to avoid the area and use alternative routes if possible.
A spokesman for the fire service said: "On Thursday (11) at 5.38am five crews were called to a lorry fire on the A14 between Spittals and Alconbury. Crews from Huntingdon, Yaxley, Ramsey and Gamlingay are attending the incident.
"Firefighters arrived to find a fire involving a lorry carrying around 20 tonnes of hay on the westbound carriageway near Alconbury.
You may also want to watch:
"Crews are currently at the scene dealing with the incident with assistance from the local farming community.
"The A14 westbound remains CLOSED between J23 Spittals and Alconbury (A14 Spur)."
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 3 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 4 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Is this striking 20ft palm tree the biggest in Huntingdonshire?
Keep up with the latest travel updates on Twitter at https://twitter.com/cambsfrs