Local pub celebrates two team members after awarding them with apprenticeship award
- Credit: Archant
The Marsh Harrier, in St Ives, surprised two of it’s team members by presenting them with the Marston’s Annual Apprenticeship Award.
Jamie Lee Grange-Bedford 24, and girlfriend Alex Fuller 29, were stunned during their shift on Wednesday (March 7) and were both awarded the Best Level 2 Kitchen Apprentice and Best Level 3 Front of House.
The awards, celebrate the next generation of rising stars in the hospitality industry.
The pair were secretly nominated by their pub manager, Chris Beard, and stood out to the Marston’s team for both their natural leadership abilities and dedication to their pub and also to their careers.
Jamie-Lee who has worked at the Marsh Harrier for two years as a aligned chef, joined the apprentice scheme at this same time as his girlfriend Alex who works as a front of house at the pub.
You may also want to watch:
On the day members of the Marston’s team surprised both the winners with a hand-delivered award, with all their team mates, friends and customers at the ceremony.
Jamie said: “Winning this award is a real surprise and it’s so great to see the back of house and especially chefs being praised and recognised!”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Alex added: “I’ve been watching the live videos of the awards all week on Facebook. It was great to see the Marston’s leadership team come together at the Marsh Harrier to present Jamie with his award and I was completely surprised to then receive an award myself, it’s awesome and a brilliant way for the company to recognise apprentices.”