Local company set to take on fundraising challenge
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots engineering and Construction Company is set to raise money for mental health charity.
Select Plant hire, based in St Neots have been trying to raise awareness for the importance of exercise and how it can impact on physical health and mental wellbeing.
The business, along with 70 other branches across the UK have been set the task of raising £160,000 in a bid to encourage it’s staff to exercise more.
The cycle, which they have named the ‘Hearts and Mind Cycle Challenge’ started at the beginning of the week, which is the start Mental Health Awareness Week 2018, and aims to raise more than £160,000 for the mental health charity Mind and the British Heart Foundation.
The challenge, which involved members from different offices around the UK, aims to cycle over 21,000 miles, which is the distance between their Dartford and Sydney offices.
You may also want to watch:
18 members from the St Neots branch completed their cycle ride on Thursday, which saw them cycle 64 miles around Cambridgeshire.
There has also been a static bike in the office that has been donated by Snap Fitness in St Neots that is to being used across the week by 124 of the workers.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
Alan Gaskin, General Manager for Select Plant Hire said:“Our Hearts and Minds challenge is a fantastic opportunity to highlight the importance that physical health has on our mental wellbeing, especially in the workplace. Our team at St Neots has come together, showing an enormous response to both the cycling challenge and to raising awareness of the great work Mind and British Heart Foundation do.
“In addition to our cyclists, members of the team are promoting healthy and high energy foods throughout the week. The combined approach is vital to helping the construction industry address mental health and support those who need it.”
Select Plant Hire is owned by Laing O’Rourke with their St Neots branch being their biggest plant depot.
To donate, please visit Laing O’Rourke’s Virgin Money Giving website: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LaingORourke1