Local Climate Change Profile
A GROUP has been set up to study how Cambridgeshire will be affected by global warming and predicted changes in weather patterns. Gales, storms, heat waves and heavy rain are just a selection of the severe weather events that are predicted to become a fre
A GROUP has been set up to study how Cambridgeshire will be affected by global warming and predicted changes in weather patterns.
Gales, storms, heat waves and heavy rain are just a selection of the severe weather events that are predicted to become a frequent occurrence in the East of England.
The changing climate is expected to significantly impact upon the environment and economy.
To understand how severe weather events will impact upon Huntingdonshire, the Cambridgeshire Climate Change Partnership, of which Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) is a member, is completing a Local Climate Impacts Profile.
The group will look back at severe weather events in Cambridgeshire over the past 10 years, and identify the risks of weather to services, organisations and local communities in the district.
HDC, along with key partners, will then take steps to reduce these risks and the vulnerability of the groups and people exposed to them.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
INFORMATION: If you can recount an instance of severe weather that affected you or the local area, the partnership would like to hear from you.
Visit www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk or alternatively, visit Huntingdon library, fill out a form and tell your story.