Little Paxton school pupils take part in campaign to donate present boxes to care homes
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Little Paxton Primary School have been collecting items for gift boxes that will be donated to care homes in the area before Christmas.
During the last three weeks, pupils have been making up their boxes as part of the Tesco Little Boxes appeal.
They have been filled with items such as biscuits, sweets, socks and bath and shower products.
The children also made Christmas cards and wrote individual messages in them.
The fundraising campaign was launched by parent David Thomas, who said: “I would really like to praise all the children, teachers and staff at Little Paxton Primary School for their donated items and also thank Tesco for passing the items on to the care homes.
You may also want to watch:
“A massive thank you to Faye Staple, school secretary, and Diane Hawkes the school head teacher for helping to organise this.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire