From carrots to chrysanthemums at village’s autumn show
- Credit: Archant
More than 150 exhibitors displayed their wares at the Autumn Flower and Vegetable Show held in Little Paxton.
The event took place on Saturday at Little Paxton Village Hall, with dozens of fruit and vegetable classes available for growers to enter.
There were also children's classes and home produce classes, with everything from carrots to floral displays on show.
Secretary of the show, Jenny Gellatly, described the show as a "blooming success" and said that more than 200 visitors had attended the admire the items on display.
The Best in Show Perry Stentiford Trophy was won by Sue Jakes this year.
You may also want to watch:
The best Little Paxton parish allotments were also announced, with trophies for best kept full-size plot, half-plot, starter plot and raised bed.
To find out more about the show, log on to: www.littlepaxtonparishcouncil.gov.uk/autumn-flower-and-vegetable-show.html.
- 1 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 4 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 10 Man who invited children to use his hot tub breached police order