Thousands of people attend Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people filled the Market Square in St Neots on Sunday to watch the town’s annual Christmas lights switch-on.
St Neots Town Council organised a packed stage schedule, which included several dance academies and headlining was singer Andrew Bourn.
There was a funfair and stalls on the Market Square during the event, which started at midday. The lights were switched on by Samson and Leo Ellison from the Strong for Samson charity, supported by the mayor, Councillor Barry Chapman.
He said: “It was brilliant to see so many families and friends enjoying the switch-on event. Thank you to all involved and especially the people of St Neots who came along and made it such a great evening.”
A fireworks display took place at the end of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Aerial shots by Maciek Platek, to see more of his work, go to: www.maciekplatek.com and www.instagram.com/st.neots.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k