Jail for dealer who had stash of Class A drugs in St Neots house
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer with a £120-a-day cannabis habit has been jailed for three years.
Leon Byatt, 27, was at a property officers raided in Ackerman Gardens, St Neots, on August 29 following a tip off that drug dealing was taking place.
Byatt admitted to officers that he had a stash of drugs in a safe and was detained. While searching the house officers found cocaine and cannabis with a total value of more than £2,000.
Whilst in custody, Byatt, of no fixed abode, professed to smoke more than £120 of cannabis per day and stated that the drugs found in the house did not belong to the other occupants.
He was sentenced on Fridayat Peterborough Crown Court after pleading guilty to possession of cocaine and cannabis with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Will Service said: “This sentence demonstrates the tough stance the criminal justice system takes against drug offences.
“We will continue to do all we can to prevent drug dealers like Byatt operating in Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding