Legendary folk singer songwriter Vin Garbutt to perform in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Legendary singer songwriter Vin Garbutt will entertain at St Neots folk club next week.
Vin’s career has spanned more than 40 years and includes world wide touring which according to his fans, makes him some kind of elder statesman of folk. His songs were inspired by the folk tradition at the beginning of his career and although they still are, they have transformed into gritty social comment and life observations. He is renowned for his hilarious intros, but for him his song lyrics are the crux of his performance.
This is Vin’s 48th year as a professional performer and he is a songwriter, whistle player and guitarist. His material spans life and he was awarded Radio 2 Folk Awards for Best Live Act Award 2001.
The performance is at the folk club, which meets at the Priory Centre in St Neots, on March 14.
Admission is £10/£12 and tickets are available from the club or on the door or by calling: 01234 376278 to book in advance.
You may also want to watch:
Doors will open at 7.45pm and the evening will begin at 8pm.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder