Sawtry star Lauren Steadman is off to Blackpool after waltzing through latest round of Strictly Come Dancing
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry’s Lauren Steadman will be heading to Blackpool’s famous Tower Ballroom after dancing her way into the next round of Strictly Come Dancing.
The 26-year-old danced the waltz to You Are The Reason by Calum Scott and Leona Lewis and did well enough to secure a spot in next week’s show.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of eight by judges Craig Revel Horwood and Darcy Bussel, and nines by Shirley Ballas and Bruno Tonioli.
Lauren and professional partner AJ Pritchard scored 34 out of 40 for this week’s routine placing them fourth on the leaderboard, above Stacey Dooley. It was one of Lauren’s best weeks in the competition so far.
Actor and entertainer Danny John-Jules dropped out this week following a dance off with former England cricketer, Graeme Swann.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 7 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester