A step in the right direction for Sawtry’s dancing star Lauren Steadman
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry star Lauren Steadman has managed to secure her spot for another week after dancing the Quickstep on Saturday’s Strictly Come Dancing.
The 25-year-old double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion danced to If You’re Over Me by Years and Years with her partner AJ Pritchard on Saturday’s show.
The pair scored 25 out of a possible 40, placing them 11th on the leaderboard above Kate Silverton and Aljaž Škorjanec.
The duo were given sixes by judges Shirley Ballas, Darcy Bussell and Craig Revel Horwood, and a seven by Bruno Tonioli.
Katie Piper being the third star to leave the competition.
You may also want to watch:
Steadman, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Strictly Come Dancing will return on Saturday.