A step in the right direction for Sawtry’s dancing star Lauren Steadman
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry star Lauren Steadman has managed to secure her spot for another week after dancing the Quickstep on Saturday’s Strictly Come Dancing.
The 25-year-old double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion danced to If You’re Over Me by Years and Years with her partner AJ Pritchard on Saturday’s show.
The pair scored 25 out of a possible 40, placing them 11th on the leaderboard above Kate Silverton and Aljaž Škorjanec.
The duo were given sixes by judges Shirley Ballas, Darcy Bussell and Craig Revel Horwood, and a seven by Bruno Tonioli.
Katie Piper being the third star to leave the competition.
Steadman, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Strictly Come Dancing will return on Saturday.