Laptops, jewellery and cash stolen in spate of burglaries in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Six homes have been targeted by burglars in the St Neots area in the last week and police are stepping up patrols
The spate of break ins began last Tuesday (March 24) at about 11.50am when a front door in Huntingdon Street was forced open. Two laptops and a games console were stolen.
At 7.50pm that day, offenders attempted to force a front door in Grafham Road, Ellington but they did not get in.
Then on Friday (March 27), between 5pm and 8pm, two homes in Ivelbury Close, Buckden, were broken in to and cash and an iPad Air were stolen. Both times the offenders got in by forcing the back window or door.
Between Friday and Saturday offenders smashed the glass in a back door and broke into a home in High Street, Little Paxton.
Between Saturday and Sunday, in Stevenson Court, St Neots, offenders climbed a brick wall and forced a back kitchen window before stealing jewellery and cash.
Call police on 101.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald