Laptop donation for St Ives' school and nursery
- Credit: CHORUS HOMES
Housing provider Chorus Homes has donated laptops to a primary school and nursery in St Ives.
Chorus, part of the Places for People organisation, handed over nine laptops to Eastfield Infant and Nursery School.
Chorus said it had responded to a plea from the school's chairman of Governors who had issued an urgent request for some equipment for pupils.
The laptops will enable home schooling for those pupils who do not have laptops at home.
Headteacher of Eastfield, Laura Summerfield, said: “On behalf of Eastfield Infant and Nursery School, we would like to thank Chorus Homes for their generous gift which will help those children who are not able to participate fully in home-learning in lockdown.”
Managing director of Chorus Homes, Nigel Finney, said: “We are glad we are able to offer repurposed laptops to the Eastfield school children, so that local children are supported to learn at home during the pandemic.”
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 7 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 10 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home