Landmark day as St Neots resident celebrates 105th birthday
- Credit: Archant
St Neots woman Norah Taylor celebrated her 105th birthday last Saturday.
Norah, who is a resident at Paxton Hall Care Home, in Little Paxton, celebrated her landmark birthday with her family, and staff at the home in Rampley Lane. Although she is quite frail now, Norah is still able to talk with her family.
She was the eldest and only surviving child of five and born in a house in Cambridge Street in St Neots where her father was head gardener. She was married to her husband Bob for 65 years and the couple lived in Avenue Road and had one daughter, Janet. Bob, who passed away in 2000, and Norah were involved with the St Neots carnival for many years and Norah enjoyed voluntary work, including selling poppies for the Royal British Legion.
Daughter Janet Hildrew, said: “Mum lived with us until she was 97 and then she had a fall and became quite frail. We know she is not the oldest person in the country, but we are not sure whether she might be the oldest person in the county. She has never smoked or drunk and she rarely went to the doctor or took any medication.”
Norah has three grandsons and five great-grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
The oldest person recorded in England was Charlotte Hughes who died in 1993, aged 115 and 228 days. On June 9, 2015, Nazer Singh, from Sunderland, celebrated his 111th birthday with a pint of Stellar and a whisky chaser.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'