Lady Hemingford has died aged 84
- Credit: Archant
Lady Hemingford has died at her home in Hemingford Abbots at the age of 84 after a long illness.
Jennifer, Lady Hemingford, was the founding president of the Arts Society Huntingdonshire and her flower arranging skills helped to make the popular Hemingford Abbots Flower Festival a major local attraction.
She and her husband Lord Hemingford were heavily involved in the festival and for many years Lady Hemingford led the village flower guild which organised the centrepiece of the event - the display in St Margaret’s church.
Lady Hemingford is survived by Lord Hemingford, four children and 12 grandchildren and was surrounded by her family when she died on January 8.
She became an OBE in 1996 for services to the community in Hemingford Abbots and to the British Red Cross. Lady Hemingford was also a Deputy Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
Her funeral takes place at St Margaret of Antioch church in Hemingford Abbots on January 17 and friends and family members from across the country and overseas will be present.
Donations in her memory can be made to the PSP Association at https://jennifer-hemingford.muchloved.com.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan