Kyran Bracken treat for St Ives rugby players
ICE SCRUM: Former England rugby player Kyran Bracken took time out of rehearsals to meet young fans at Huntingdon Garden and Leisure on Sunday (December 2).
The former scrum-half , who was a World Cup winner in 2003, is appearing in Peterborough’s Celebrities on Ice show in January.
At Wyton on Sunday, the 38-year-old showed off a few of his skating skills on the specially installed ice-rink – in front of dozens of Christmas shoppers and families.
Star-struck youngsters from St Ives Rugby Club chatted and got autographs from their hero as well as getting up close to his world cup-winner’s medal.
Mr Bracken said: “It was an amazing afternoon and a lot of fun meeting so many great people and being able to chat to local youngsters for whom playing rugby is a passion. I was impressed with the level of skating, and there was a real buzz about the Celebrities on Ice show.”
INFORMATION: Celebrities on Ice runs at the East of England Showground in Peterborough between January 25 and 27. For details of tickets visit www.celebsonice.co.uk or call 0844 581 4910.
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 3 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 4 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 5 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 6 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 7 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 9 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 10 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told