Kitchen catches fire in Warboys after flammable items left on hob
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters battled a kitchen fire in Warboys yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).
One crew from Huntingdon and one crew from Chatteris were called to Knowles Avenue at 4.10pm. Everyone was safely out of the property by the time they arrived.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish it.
The cause of the fire was accidental, after the occupant left flammable materials on top of a hot hob.
Crews returned to their stations by 4.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
A CFRS spokesman said: “Hobs can stay hot for a considerable length of time after being used so we would urge people to keep flammable items - especially plastic and clothing - away from them.
“Always remember, if you are cooking, to never leave it unattended, and most importantly make sure you have a correctly fitted working smoking alarm on every floor of your home.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester