Kimbolton High Street floods after downpour
- Credit: Rebecca Mehew
Torrential downpours flooded Kimbolton High Street today (August 8).
Businesses along the High Street were affected by the flooding shortly before 12noon, including The Saddle pub which was forced to close as the water went inside.
Water also seeped into several other properties including The New Sun Inn and Peter Lane and Partners estate agents.
Paul Kinally, Kimbolton partner at Peter Lane, said: “It’s come through our door and into the office. We have not been able to get out our office to get to our cars. Because of the curve in the road, the water was coming up about seven or eight inches by the cars and the front bumpers were starting to disappear.
“We have had a few downpours coming up to the curb in the past but I have never seen anything like this before.”
You may also want to watch:
The New Sun Inn has now put sand bags outside the property after floods seeped through the restaurant door. The pub also experienced a leak through one of its walls.
A spokesman for Anglian Water said it was expecting quite a few calls regarding the downpours.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?
INFORMATION: Has your area been affected by flooding? Contact The Hunts Post reporter Jonathon Ferrari on 01480 443449 or email email@example.com.