Kimbolton High Street floods after downpour
- Credit: Rebecca Mehew
Torrential downpours flooded Kimbolton High Street today (August 8).
Businesses along the High Street were affected by the flooding shortly before 12noon, including The Saddle pub which was forced to close as the water went inside.
Water also seeped into several other properties including The New Sun Inn and Peter Lane and Partners estate agents.
Paul Kinally, Kimbolton partner at Peter Lane, said: “It’s come through our door and into the office. We have not been able to get out our office to get to our cars. Because of the curve in the road, the water was coming up about seven or eight inches by the cars and the front bumpers were starting to disappear.
“We have had a few downpours coming up to the curb in the past but I have never seen anything like this before.”
The New Sun Inn has now put sand bags outside the property after floods seeped through the restaurant door. The pub also experienced a leak through one of its walls.
A spokesman for Anglian Water said it was expecting quite a few calls regarding the downpours.
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
INFORMATION: Has your area been affected by flooding? Contact The Hunts Post reporter Jonathon Ferrari on 01480 443449 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.