Kimbolton enjoys record-breaking A Level success
KIMBOLTON School enjoyed record-breaking results this summer ensuring all five prospective Oxbridge candidates achieved the required grades.
Over half of all A Level results were A* or A, with over a quarter of the year group achieving three A*s or As.
The A* to B rate was 81 per cent.
Matt Blindt from Ringstead achieved 4A*s while Freddie Valletta from Bolnhurst gained 3A*s and an A.
Dan Baynes (Papworth Everard), Emily Davidson-Smith (Great Gransden), Sam Johnston (Great Paxton), Ollie McGlashan (Hail Weston), Maddy Stokes (Ramsey) and Sophie Trotman (Alconbury) were all awarded 2A*s and one A.
Head teacher, Jonathan Belbin, told The Hunts Post: “Whilst we are delighted by this academic strength, we measure success in much broader terms, both in and out of the classroom.
“I am confident that our students will now flourish at university, both in and out of the lecture hall.”
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 5 Could you give these pets a home?
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 10 Thousands of trees planted in green initiative