Kimbolton couple in frame for national award
- Credit: Archant
A husband and wife team who a run a picture-framing business in Kimbolton have made the final of a national award run by the Fine Art Trade Guild.
Andy, 52, and Emma Wright, 47, from Godmanchester, have both made it to the final six in the Guild’s annual Challenge Framing Awards.
The couple who run The Framery in Stonely, on the outskirts of Kimbolton, have only been professional framers for three years.
The Wrights gave up their jobs as teachers in 2012 and bought the business as a going concern. The third member of the family-run business is ‘office manager’ Sam the two-and-a-half-year-old greyhound.
While this is Andy’s first nomination, Emma made the final in the mounting category last year.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve seen all the other entries and they’re all lovely,” said Emma. “We’re very flattered. It’s a two-man business and the fact that we’re both in the final is great.
“The entries are judged anonymously, so we have as much chance as anyone else.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
The theme for this year’s competition was Alice in Wonderland and Emma chose to frame a ceramic plate with a teapot-shaped surround, which was embossed with quotes from the book by Lewis Caroll.
Husband Andy’s entry features a key pendant, which he framed with a grinning Cheshire cat design with a hinged front that allows the necklace to be removed.
The winner will be announced at the Guild’s Annual Convention at the Old Swan Hotel in Harrogate in North Yorkshire.