Kidney cancer fundraiser Shirley will boost funds with buffet
- Credit: Archant
Charity fundraiser Shirley Chapman is hoping that her latest event will take her closer to her target of £10,000 for Kidney Cancer UK.
Shirley, from St Ives, is holding a fundraising buffet with live music at the town’s Slepe Hall Hotel on Saturday (March 3).
The event will also feature a raffle and mini auction.
Earlier this year Shirley held a supper event at the Golden Lion in St Ives to thank the volunteers who help with Shirley’s Coffee Shop, which meets every Wednesday at the Corn Exchange.
During the evening she handed over her latest donation to KCUK’s chief executive Nick Turkentine, taking her personal fundraising for the charity to £7,000, putting her well on her way to her £10,000 target.
You may also want to watch:
Shirley, a regular charity supporter over the years, switched to fundraising for KCUK after her husband Ray died from the condition.
In addition to Shirley’s Coffee Shop she also holds an annual curry lunch and regular tombolas.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Last year the Hunts Post told how Shirley, who married John Chapman, charity administrator at KCUK, was invited to a special dinner at the House of Lords to mark her work.
Tickets to the buffet are available from www.dahosting.co.uk/kcuk, Slepe Hall, or Shirley on 07718 920019.