Keep updated with Hunts college work website
A NEW website has been set up by Huntingdonshire Regional College to keep the community up to date with the refurbishment of the California Road campus.
The �3million building project, which started during half term week, will create a new glazed exterior to the college as well as new internal areas, including classrooms and seminar rooms.
Externally, the entrance area to the college is being re-modelled, creating new car parking, grass areas and an ‘urban plaza’ adjacent to the new entrance area.
The college said the website features a week by week guide to the work, possible disruptions and a progress picture gallery.
Visitors will also be able to sign for updates as well as ask questions to the project team.
You may also want to watch:
Susanne Stent, the college’s new principal, said: “The college has achieved record levels of success rates over recent years. The extensive refurbishment of the college will bring the facilities in line with the growing reputation of Huntingdonshire Regional College.”
Money for the work has been provided with a grant from the Skills Funding Agency. A more ambitious rebuild project had to be shelved after the Learning and Skills Council overspent its budget.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
INFORMATION: Visit the website at www.isgjcommunity.com/huntingdonshire