Christmas kayaking down the High Street in Fen Drayton!
- Credit: Michael Rattigan
Two men, celebrate Christmas Day, by kayaking down a flooded Fen Drayton, High Street.
Many residents, on Christmas Day, December 25, woke up in Fen Drayton to see the heart of the village flooded.
It was part of a widespread flooding which happened across Huntingdonshire from December 23.
Places such as St Ives, Alconbury, St Neots, Ramsey, Huntingdon and Fen Drayton were all badly affected.
Fen Drayton residents Finlay Pawson and Kai Pawson decided to take advantage of the water and took their Kayak out, on the flooded High Street of Fen Drayton.
You may also want to watch:
The pair can be seen paddling past The Three Tuns Pub and past many houses, which have sandbags up against their doors to stop water coming in.
The flooding is still present in the village, which has caused a lot of disruption for residents.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space