Kate Middleton-inspired wedding dress turning heads in St Ives
MOST brides want to feel like a princess on their big day, and one St Ives bridal shop is offering the chance to at least look like one.
Jan L bridal salon in Bridge Street took delivery of a Kate Middleton-inspired wedding dress by manufacturer Justin Alexander last week and says it has already attracted a lot of attention.
Whereas the now-iconic Sarah Burton dress made from lace especially created by the Royal School of Needlework and material sourced by the designer, is thought to have cost �250,000, the replica dress is a snip at �1,850.
Made from satin and lace, it has applique in the same style as the real thing and is available in a range of sizes, so you don’t have to have the Duchess of Cambridge’s size six figure.
Shop owner Jan Lambert said: “I have got it on a stand and I have got a photo of the royal wedding dress next to it. A lady came and had a look. She said she had seen the real dress, and that that was a really good copy. I have had one girl came from in for a fitting.”
You may also want to watch:
nPictured modelling the dress at St Ives bridge is newly-wed Clare Wood.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'