New mayor of Huntingdon is announced at virtual ceremony
- Credit: Archant
The new mayor of Huntingdon has been named as Karl Webb and his deputy is Padrica Kennington.
This year’s mayor-making ceremony in Huntingdon was postponed due to the coronavirus restrictions.
On October 6, the annual council meeting and mayor-making ceremony was held via a Zoom conference call.
The outgoing and incoming mayors were present at Huntingdon Town Hall, while all other members and guests joined virtually. During the meeting, councillors elected Cllr Karl Webb to serve as mayor for the remainder of the local government year 2020/21 and Cllr Padrica Kennington was appointed as deputy mayor.
Hilary Meers-Webb was appointed as mayoress and Josette Kennington as deputy mayoress.
You may also want to watch:
Dennis Smith was named as the town’s macebearer, Reverend John Randall as the mayor’s chaplain and Able Cadet Zach Crennell as the mayor’s cadet.
In line with tradition, the new mayor announced his charity for the year as Dreamdrops.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding